GET YOUR FIX TODAY..GPSTODAY
Home | Sign-In | News | Help | Discussion | Pictures | Public Groups
Download the latest version of GeoTerrestrial GPSToday straight to your mobile device.
Browsing from a desktop? See the full website.
Please note that only one of the two versions can be installed/run at any given moment.
What's New in version 0.9.9.8
Released June 30, 2009
- GeoAlerts! Get notified whenever specific users are nearby, or go too far away. Have your device vibrate whenever a nearby weather-alert is issued. Automatically run arbitrary scripts when you arrive at work or leave your home.
- Screen-Off. GPSToday can now wakeup the device at fix intervals without turning the touch-screen on, so as to prevent accidental screen taps. There is also a handy Screen-Off option in the menu.
- Comment and vote on geoposts. Report comments as offensive.
- Now you can embed your location in private messages to other members.
What's New in version 0.9.9.7 (beta)
Released April 29, 2009
- Driving/Walking directions in many countries, with traffic-optimization option.
- Log file plotting on map and animated "playback". Also, the geologger will now never clip corners, and will perfectly follow loopy highway ramps. Upload your GeoLogger log files from within the app and view on desktop and export to GPX format on your online GeoGroups page.
- Location Tracking and sharing (GeoLocation). Track your location history online for your own private use, or share with friends/family. The power-saving ability of GPSToday means you can leave it on indefinitely without worrying about the battery.
- Easily and privately (or publicly) share points-of-interest, pictures, messages with like-minded folks (GeoGroups). eg. Track or update swine-flu locations, right from your phone. The possibilities are endless.
- 'Slideshow' through all your address-book contacts on the map, or through driving directions, or local search results, or all friends' mobile locations
- Satellite,Hybrid map views, and many more enhancements for ease of use.
- Nearly worldwide support for many features that were previously US only.
viewed and exported to GPX format online at ://www.geoterrestrial.com/geogroups/
- Update your twitter status manually from within the GPSToday app. Just send a message to username 'twitter' via the Inbox in GPSToday.
- Essentially the works, all in a still small package.
What's New in version 0.9.9.3
Released October 30, 2008
- Now supports GeoTerrestrial GeoMail. Exchange GPS position or points of interest with others via SMS or email!
- Automatically see your friends' current location on the GPSToday map when they send you a GeoMail
- GeoMail automatically pre-fills the street address so recipients need not fumble around with lat/long numbers
- GeoMail also sends your speed and heading when you are moving
- Weather updating mechanism is tightened up
- Today screen flicker is removed
- Now you can change the temperature display color on the today screen to suit your needs
- And other minor fixes and enhancements.
- If you installed private beta release v0.9.9.2, please un-install it separately before installing this latest release
What's New in version 0.9.9.2
Released October 10, 2008
- Private Beta Release
- Please un-install this version separately before installing the next release
What's New in version 0.9.9.1
Released August 11, 2008
- Now includes GeoTerrestrial GeoWeather. Always see the current weather for your current location on the today screen( US Only). Can even be used to check the current weather for any point on the map!
- Now includes GeoTerrestrial GeoLogger. Can be used to log your position updates to a text file on your device.
- Now works on 320x320 (aka the Treo 800w) and 240x240 resolutions.
- Now save the street address for any point on the map to a contact.
- Now you can remove previously saved geo-positions from a contact.
- And other minor fixes and enhancements.
What's New in version 0.9.8.1
Released June 12, 2008
- VGA Support!
- If the GeoTagger add-on is installed and running in automatic mode, it will now restart
itself if the device is soft-reset or if the today screen is reloaded.
- Instead of street address, you can now save latitude/longitude/altitude to contacts in your address book.
Great for saving specific locations "out in the wild"!
- Now find points on the map by specifying latitude/longitude.
What's New in version 0.9.8
Released May 21, 2008
- Now supports the GeoTerrestrial GeoTagger add-on.
- The GeoTagger add-on can be set to automatically geo-tag (ak geocode) your device pictures as soon
as they are taken!
- The geo-location is added to your pictures JPEG Exif data so you don't need to
perform any extra steps or maintain additional pieces of data.
- Flickr will automatically recognize the geo-location of pictures geo-tagged with GPSToday GeoTagger.
- Flexible: You are not restricted to automatic geo-tagging with GPS location only.
You can geotag pictures with whatever location you want, by selecting the location on the GPSToday map on the device itself!
- Coming Soon: View your geo-tagged pictures on the map itself within GPSToday. Find pictures "near" a location, from within GPSToday.
- To install the GeoTagger add-on, update to the latest version of GPSToday, and simply select "GeoTag Pictures"
from the Map>More menu in GPSToday.
What's New in version 0.9.5
Released March 30, 2008
- Users of previous versions must upgrade to this release, as it fixes issues related to address book processing and "Find Address" features.
What's New in version 0.9.4
Released March 21, 2008
- Now optionally set the device to autonomously wakeup before attempting a perioidic fix!
- Now optionally prevent the device from going to sleep when running the GPS in persistent mode.
- Tap the address area in the today screen to display geo-coordinates and time of last fix.
- Find an address on the map.
- Too many contacts? Now you can find a specific contact on the map.
- Now international users can conserve battery strength by disabling the street address display on the today screen, so as to always see geo-coordinates.
- Single tap from today screen to copy the geo-coordinates to the clipboard!
- Now you can set a map position as you current GPS position
- Configure GPS sensitivity vs. Accuracy
- Now configure the minimum battery strength below which GPSToday will automatically turn off periodic quick fixes.